leather skirt: luciekerley: Lucie Loves… #Fashion #BLOGGED | what to wear in...





















luciekerley:

Lucie Loves… #Fashion

#BLOGGED | what to wear in AW14: Leather, leopard print and a Kelly Shaw statement tee

I’ve had this outfit on a shelf in the back of my mind for a good year or more now.

It all started with a trip to the Cat and Mutton pub with friends. I spotted a very cool looking girl who had cleverly dressed-down a black leather pencil skirt with a simple white tee and sneakers. I loved it! A real life version of the kind of street style inspiration that I usually comb Pinterest for! Nice.

And so, I put together my own version of the look, having finally got my mitts on this gorgeous black leather pencil skirt from W: a limited collection by high street fashion retailer Wallis.

Wallis is somewhere that JMG’s mum would class as one of her go-to high street stores (and she ALWAYS looks great!) For me, it’s usually the Arcadia group’s naughty, younger sister: Topshop. However, you’ll be pleased to know, the W collection is pretty dreamy too! The stand out pieces for me are the berry collarless faux fur coat, the butter-soft leather pencil skirts in a multitude of colours, and the nude fold collar coat.

I teamed my super-soft skirt with the revolutionary statements first issue tee from Kelly Shaw’s AW14 collection from Young British Designers, my Danielle Foster Caity rucksack and Lama Peach Nela sneakers. I adore this Jem Doulton for Kelly Shaw tshirt - it is literally a work of art. Jem’s work really reminds me of Cy Twombly - one of my favourite artists! Collaborative pieces are the best! 

I’m planning to get a LOT of wear out of this skirt this season. Keep your eyes peeled for more ways to wear it.

Post in collaboration with ybdfashion and Wallis.

Photography © jmgcreative // style + edit by Lucie Kerley

Follow @juststeve951 for more shoes, boots and leather photos. See What’s Popular now in the Tag Cloud.

Source: http://ift.tt/1TKob1s